Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I Am


I Am
the
Problem

He called
for
Help,
Water,
Mother
I Can’t Breathe
Dead

I Am
Privilege

She was
Home
Peaceful
Sleeping
Invaded
Dead

I Am
Racism

He was
Running
Athlete
Hunted
Dead

I Am
Violence

He informed
I’m armed
Legally
Child in Car
Dead

 I Am
Denial

She was
Pulled over
Traffic stop
Arrested
No reason
Dead

I Am
Broken

How many tears
of how many

Mothers
Fathers
Sisters
Brothers
Children
Friends

Must fall
before
Justice
and
Righteousness
Walk Together
Again

 O God
You Are
the
Great I Am

You
Became Body
to
Save Us
Body and Soul

You Are
Peace

May we
Share
Your Peace
through
Our Words
and
Our Deeds

You Are
Light

May we
Shine
Your Light
Inward
Outward
Exposing
Our Lies
Our Hatred
Our Fear

You Are
Love

May We
Embody
Your Love
so
All Bodies
Walk
Free

because

We Are
Broken


©Amy Busse Stoker

No comments:

Post a Comment